Casey goes into a bar to drown his/her sorrows. Pat is there singing.
There are lots of ways to go from here. A few ideas:
- Maybe Casey feels as if Pat’s songs fit his/her situation. Perhaps they catch each other’s eye and recognise the emotions – either clear pain or the tears of a clown.
- Maybe Casey requests a song that has special meaning for him/her.
- Maybe Casey gets drunk and starts singing along with Pat. This could be really embarrassing, or Casey could turn out to have a really good voice. Maybe they end up playing the same bar as a duo?
- How would Casey react to others in the pub heckling/booing Pat?
- If you want to get things moving quickly, Pat could join Casey for a drink once his/her set is over.
- Or maybe you string it out a bit. Casey makes a point of going to that bar every Friday night until one of them gets up the courage to make a move.
- Or maybe Casey is ready to talk to Pat, has decided that tonight will be the night… but when he/she gets to the bar it’s a different singer.